Wednesday, December 1, 2021

85. OG Reaper Bones

I finally got around to painting some of the first generation of Reaper Bones, from their original Kickstarter waaaay back in 2012 (delivered in 2014).  And there's still more to go, but I don't know if I'll be doing those, as they aren't my favorites.  I've done most of the monsters I want, and this time I decided to finish up some heroes.

I have been painting in assembly-line-style for a while now, especially with the monsters and how they're essentially all the same.  It really speeds up the process.  Previously, I've lined up 6 to 8.  This time I put 12 on the table, except I eventually took one away, so 11.  It took me 16.5 hours overall to paint them, not including their bases.  That's 1.5 hours per each!  That's crazy fast for me, who, in the distant past used to take 8 hours for one figure!

Truthfully, they're not the best paint jobs.  There are a couple of things I missed in the touch-up time, but since they're only Bones to begin with, they're really not all that great of miniatures.  I mean, they're nice; they won't break if you drop them; and they have some detail, but they're nothing better than something you'd give to a beginner painter so they can mess it up and not feel bad about it.

Anyway, here are the pictures.  Click on them to enlarge them.

Left to Right:  Deladrin (Female Assassin), Sarah (the Seeress), Eando Kline, Darkrasp (Evil Priest), Anirion (Wood Elf Wizard), Aaron the Conjuror.


Left to Right:  Trista (the White Wolf), Alain, Almaran the Gold (Paladin), Erick (Paladin Initiate), Holy Vindicator.

Look for them soon, in a new battle report.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment