Tuesday, July 12, 2022

90. Star Wars-ian Adventures with "Blasters & Bulkheads"

I'm still feeling my way with the rules, so here's a quick game I solo-ed the other day.  This was my first foray using the Henchmen rules, to accommodate my new Stormtroopers and Rebels.  I'm sorry about the picture quality, I've been using my phone because it's so much easier than the old camera (had to take the card out and upload separately compared to just digitally moving files now), but unfortunately the phone just doesn't do as good a job.  I have a ton of light on the table, but it still needs the flash to give it good color; except the flash is too harsh.  I'll keep playing with it and hopefully get better.

The pics should enlarge if you click on them, but I expect you knew that already!

This is the table setup:  the Empire forces are guarding a glowing yellow ball of energy or something, and the Jedi and Rebels want it.

I'm still pleased with how the Stormtroopers turned out.

The Rebels moved up, and my Bounty Hunter and Jedi did as well.

No shooting had yet occurred.  The Bounty Hunter jet-packed to the right, attempting to circle around behind the Empire troops.

The Jedi said, "I don't have time for this," and charged into melee, wielding his deadly lightsaber...

...and promptly polished off four Stormtroopers!

Everyone is, like, "whoa, Henchmen die easily!"

Undeterred, the Stormtroopers fire, not at the Jedi, but at the Rebels, killing three.  (Again, I just was figuring out henchmen stuff.)

The Empire troops backed up a little.  (This is an example of my phone camera without the flash.  The table cloth surface is green, like in the other photos.)

The Bounty Hunter jets in, shoots, and misses.

The Rebels advance, shoot and miss.

The Bounty Hunter shoots again...

...and hits two.  The three remaining Stormtroopers fire at the Jedi, hoping for good luck.

There was good luck, but it was all on the Jedi's side.  He uses his "deflect" Force power, and rolls 8 goals vs 2.  I took a little liberty with the rules (maybe) and argued with myself that since he deflected three shots (even though Henchmen only really fire as "one") that that was more than enough goals to justify re-directing them all back at the shooters...

...all of whom were K.O.ed.

That's all.  Just a quick, fun little excursion into Henchman-land.  Did I do it wrong?  Doesn't matter, it's solo, I can play how I like (but I do like to play by the rules; sometimes they're vague on certain details).

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment